Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Deed of Ennoblement! Where it all begins....

So, first things first! I'm Viscount "Wolf" Blackwood! And the next natural question is: why create a Bretonnian Blog? Of all the armies in the Warhammer World, it is fair to say that Bretonnian's are probably the least loved (joint with Wood Elves?) by Games Workshop!

There are many reasons why this may be and it is not the purpose of this blog to examine them: enough people already have and i'm not in the business of rehashing old arguments. Of course this does not answer my original question of why? To me, Warhammer is not just a game. Nor is it a hobby of modelling and painting. To me, Warhammer is a dedication to which you have to demonstrate both a certain level of intelligence and discipline to succeed. And as anyone will probably tell you, you can't truly succeed at something that you don't enjoy.

 So for me, a man who won twenty-one games straight and several tournaments with my Dark Elves, it was time for a change. I always had a soft spot for the Breton's: they were my first foray into WHFB back when i was a boy (which seems many moons ago now) and while i was fickle in those days and my Knights were quickly replaced with Hellblaster Volley Guns and Halfling Hotpots, the impression they made was obviously deep!

Thus, with limited funds but a burning desire, i set out to carve myself a Kingdom in the name of the King and the Lady! So, what do i expect to do? Well, i am not an amazing painter. Not bad, but i very much doubt my models will grace the table of the Golden Daemon winners anytime soon! Nor am i a brilliant sculptor, turning lumps of greenstuff into amazing figures.

 What i do have is a rather overactive imagination and a intention to make sure my army is not simply a field of grey models nor my army lists a scrap of paper with a few scribbles on them. Units will not be fielded because they are simply the most effective model per point but because they make sense to do so. The army will grow in a way it would probably do if it was being raised by a Bretonnian Lord tasked with mustering a force.

On with the show!

Regards Viscount Blackwood

No comments:

Post a Comment